Human Republic is a celebration of people. It’s a tribute to all the strange, remarkable, captivating, and diverse magnificence that constitute this, our sparkling nation of humanity.
Our purpose for being, is to produce beautiful portrait images that honour the uniqueness and creativity of every individual. Our enduring goal is to faithfully capture and reveal the very essence of each person we are given the singular privilege to work with.
It’s our belief that it’s the job of all businesses, and particularly every photographer, to continually strive to create more value for customers through service, quality, and innovation. We need to create new products, find more solutions, and close gaps that have been left by the others in our industry. So, it’s the philosophy of Human Republic to offer what our competitors can’t or simply won’t.
In our efforts to be better, we have noticed that the most inventive photographers in the world are by far the most expensive, but the affordable photographers in our industry just generate the same tired images for everyone. Human Republic want to produce beautiful and creative, but affordable images for the world; and so, we hold this goal high as our core difference.
Can I supply my own photo?
- The images we work with do need to be professionally lit and shot with a pro quality camera. Typically we need to ensure quality standards by doing our own photography, but if you have a photo created elsewhere that you want us to look at, we are happy to have a gander.
Is there a discount for additional prints?
- Definitely. We can offer additional prints for a greatly discounted price, get in touch with us to find out the exact pricing.
Can I have my image printed on other types of items?
- We know that some people might want t-shirts, cups, or even wallpaper printed with their Human Republic image, and so we are happy to seek pricing for those sorts of items as needed.
Can I use the image to market my business?
- The pricing we provide for personal use imagery is very heavily discounted from commercial rates, and so we don’t allow commercial publishing of our work unless written consent has first been obtained by Human Republic Pty Ltd.
Can I put my image on social media?
- So long as its not used for commercial reasons you absolutely can! If you friend us on Facebook we will also provide you with a digital copy perfect for using on social media.
How long does the photo shoot take?
- It really depends on the concept we are producing. If extensive hair, make-up, and costume is required then at least few hours is probably needed, if we are doing something less elaborate then it’ll be less time. We can tell you more accurately as we understand the concept.
Can I check the work before it is printed?
- Absolutely. Part of our process includes giving you a viewing either in person or online before we send the image for printing.
How long will it take to get my image?
- It does depend on how many jobs we are currently working on, but typically we can show you the new image a week after the photo shoot. If you are happy at that stage then delivery from printing is usually three more days from then.
Why does an image with more than one person cost more?
- Very simply, because it takes more work. The process we use includes a lot of digital painting which is very time consuming, and so the more subjects we need to paint the longer it takes to complete the image.
I am thinking about a concept with nudity, is that OK?
- Yes, we are happy to accommodate those who want to do something more risqué and we will ensure privacy is granted for all photography and images.
Is there any concept you wont do?
- We are happy to work on almost any idea you can think of, however we wont create images that we believe may promote child abuse, animal cruelty, or Nickelback.